Translate

Sunday 16 October 2016

A (wonky) finish and a new Prairie Schooler start...

Well, this is actually an old post from JULY, that I started and somehow abandoned! Please forgive me.

This was Finish #2 on my Road Trip to Roma stitching (way back in July) - you can read all about my trip to Outback Queensland on my main blog, starting with this post, if you are interested.  

I am not overly thrilled with how it has turned out - not the design's fault but mine!  I made an error somewhere near the start, didn't pick it up until it was way too late, so had to ditch the idea of a border and create this snow "hill" instead - now it is a bit of an odd shape - may have to make it a bell-shaped ornie, I think, when I Finish Finish it.  Although, some other interesting shapes have been suggested to me, as well.



Prairie Schooler Book #150
December
28 ct Ivory linen
Suggested DMC floss

I also finally finished the Train Sampler (as the baby was born).  His name is Joseph Fxxxx, so I added those initials to the coal carriage.  I am really thrilled with how it turned out and the new mother was pleased with the baby gift, too.


This is from Book #69, Prairie Village I.





Anyway, off to kit up some more PS designs to take on the road trips I have coming up soon (Ballarat for a weekend and then in a week or two, a week on Kangaroo Island).  I find their designs are so perfect for travel.  Not too many colour changes and so satisfying to stitch.

hugs, Kaye



4 comments:

Linda said...

Great finishes Kaye. I love the train. On the little ornie - can't you just extend the stitching on the sides above the white to make it even.

Linda

Khristine Doiron said...

I adore that train project as a birth sampler! And that ornament will be cute no matter how you finish it :)

twinpeakprimitives said...

Congrats on this wonderful finish Kaye!!! It looks gorgeous ♥♥♥♥♥

Brigitte said...

Both finishes are awesome. I love this train turned into a birth sampler.