Translate

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Winter's Eve

I think I am hooked!!  My latest finish is another Prairie Schooler design... "Winter's Eve".  I stitched this as my Feb ornie for the JCS SAL on FB.

"Winter's Eve" - The Prairie Schooler
Just Cross Stitch Christnas 2015
I stitched this design on a piece of Navy 14ct Aida.... I haven't stitched on Aida for so long so it was quite nice to do so for a change!

The eagled eyed amongst you may notice a mistake or two... and a change in colour!  The bunny and smoke are supposed to be DMC3022 but as I didn't have that in my stash I changed both out.  I think I should have used a darker brown for the bunny as he blends a bit in the snow!

The main boo-boo was just a bit too major to frog everything so I have left it.... for some reason the house is out and of course that put everything else out!!  I stitched the border counting from the roof and then when it came to doing the trees I discovered my error! Oops.... never mind I think it still looks ok with the tree tops right up to the top of the border! :o)

So what PS design next I wonder....

See you all again real soon (I hope!)
Hugs xx

5 comments:

Ariadne said...

It's beautiful, no one can see a mistake.AriadnefromGreece!

Brigitte said...

Oh yes, now the Prairie Schooler bug has bitten you, lol. A wonderful little finish. And nobody sees any mistakes or errors in your stitching :)

Carol said...

I never would have noticed any mistakes--I love this finish so much!!

Annie said...

It is absolutely gorgeous and the dark fabric fits it perfectly!!! I wouldn't have known your mistakes if you hadn't told us:))

Stitching Noni said...

Thank you for your lovely comments :o)
Yep... the PS bug has well and truly taken hold now!
Hugs xx